Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Version 2 In Development

Right now I'm converting the whole project to a neater and more portable GameComponent so it does all of its work behind the scenes so you don't have to manually call the methods. I'm hoping to bring some big improvements that will really make the library more useful. I'll be posting more updates as I get more done but for now here's a list of things I plan to implement.

*Add portable components that can be used in other projects and are not dependent on the rest of the library, e.g. Framerate counters and other statistics gathering classes
*Storage handlers - This is primarily for the Xbox 360 but it will have its uses on the Windows platform.
*Xbox Guide helper
*Possibly an Exception handler class
*I'm going to try and create a primitives class that will make it easier to draw things such as boxes or lines - most likely will be strictly for debugging until I learn how to make it efficient at drawing a large quantity of them. Will be useful for things like collision detection.
*Data Serialization - I'd like to add a different way of serializing and deserializing data in other types of files other than XML since xml to me is a bit annoying to setup for serializing. Obviously it probably won't be as complex and will mainly be used for something such as writing scores to a file or simple user settings

Hopefully I'll come up with more stuff to add. Again if anyone has any ideas or comments email me! I'd love to hear anyone's ideas on what to add or just what they think of the project in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment